1) Increased arts and cultural opportunities for youth—curriculum based
and community based.
• School Board adopts and implements Arts For All Plan.
• Publicize Youth Activities on community online wide arts and
• Increase after school arts and cultural programs in neighborhoods.
2) Improved public image of Pomona
Appearance and facilities
• Enact public art program, banner program, signage ordinance,
• Attain increased enforcement of loitering, noise and open container laws
to improve experience of attending Arts Walks.
• Achieve increased weekend stops at Transit Center and enhanced security.
• Develop and promote Cultural Assets Map and linked spreadsheet.
• Conduct an economic impact study on arts/culture/creative industries
• Coordinate print, broadcast and social media campaign about Pomona
arts and cultural activities citywide.
3) Increased partnerships and improved communications between artists
and arts organizations, City departments, PUSD, higher education,
business, culturally specific communities and residents.
• Develop one coordinated, community calendar for all arts and culture
events in Pomona.
• Develop partnerships with Police Department and with local churches.
• Expand relationship with Cal Poly Fine Arts Department.